Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day of School








I can't believe the summer is over! We had a lot of fun and boy was I ready for the kids to go back to school! Although after the first day I am ready for a break-fortunately we have a 4 day weekend this weekend to regroup. The kids all did great. Anna headed off to middle school-I can't believe she is in middle school-first in the morning. She went with her carpool and was quite nervous about opening her locker, but she got it all figured out and had a great day. Our neighbor is in most of her classes, and a lot of her friends are in orchestra with her as well. She was exhausted when she got home, but I think she will do great.
The boys went to their new school too. Jacob even said he was really nervous while I was driving them to school. The place was packed, I had to carry Sharon about a mile. I took Jacob to his classroom and got him settled. He knew a couple of boys in there, so that was nice. They both had a great day but were starving and exhausted when they got home. Topher's class is doing a town project and they are starting businesses, so he was excited about that. He said he wanted to be a lawyer, but I told him when I did that, the most successful venture was a candy store. I told him I had a music store and made mix tapes for people, he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. I told him the lamest thing someone did was to have a button museum, where you paid to look at buttons. He decided he wanted to have a poop museum and they both thought that was hilarious. You just have to love little boys-and big ones too, because Jay thought that was pretty funny too! Anyway, we'll see how the town goes this year.
Looking forward to a great year!

1 comment:

mc said...

Man, everyone looks so grown up! I love Jacob's hair...it is pretty sweet. Hope you all are doing well! Love, team calder